The first month after childbirth is crucial, and the mother needs to take care of her health to avoid serious ailments in the future. The new mother is confined for rejuvenation of her strength post-delivery. Also, during this confinement phase, the mother has to eat confinement foods that help in the production of milk for the baby. According to the Chinese tradition, ingredients are used in making confinement foods for nursing mothers. So, here we are going to tell you about the benefits of ingredients in Chinese confinement food. Are you excited to check these ingredients and their benefits?
Benefits of ingredients used in confinement foods
Before you start consuming confinement foods, you need to know the benefits of the ingredients used in the making. Are you curious to know more details? Let’s get started right now!
- Dried Longan: This ingredient enhances better sleep quality. Better blood-building functions are promoted by this, which contributes to a healthy heart too.
- Sesame oil: This ingredient is warned in nature and thus is used for this specific property. The new mothers should avoid cold stuff as they have the wind in their bodies. To suppress this wind, sesame oil is beneficial.
- Old ginger: As believed, new mothers have the wind in their bodies which needs to be eradicated during the confinement phase. To support this, consuming foods with ingredients like old ginger is highly essential. These help in preventing ailments like rheumatism, pains, and aches in females post-childbirth.
- Black vinegar: This is a strong ingredient that has purification properties. This is helpful in cleaning the arteries and blood purification as well. Black vinegar is mainly used in food that contains pork meat.
- Pepper: This is one of the most common and famous spices used across the globe. Due to its anti-bacterial properties, it aids in cleansing the digestive tract in humans. This helps in smooth and easy bowel movement.
These days, if you are unable to cook confinement food, you can order it from restaurants as well. However, all the nursing mothers should be aware of the menu and ensure to order only from authentic and reputed restaurants.
Make sure you consult your doctor and discuss confinement foods before you start consuming them. Ensure the food is freshly cooked so that you do not suffer from any adverse effects. Always read through reviews about the restaurant before ordering Chinese confinement food online.